Crisis Counseling is available 24/7 by calling the CAPS main number, 707-664-2153.
If you are in crisis and need to speak to a counselor immediately, please come to CAPS during front office hours (9 a.m. to noon, 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.) or call 707-664-2153. After hours, you may call us and press 2 to be connected to a crisis counselor. We have a crisis counselor available 24/7.
If you are in danger of harming yourself or someone else, please call 911 immediately or go to your local emergency room.
Crisis situations cover students who are currently (or within the past 7 days) experiencing any of the following situations:
- Current and serious thoughts or plans about attempting suicide
- Recent release from a psychiatric hospital or recent suicide attempt
- Current and serious thoughts or plans of harming someone else
- Hallucinations or other serious symptoms of psychosis (such as seeing/hearing things that don't exist or that others don't see/hear)
- Overwhelming feelings of grief due to the recent death of a loved one or end of a relationship
- Intense distress due to a recent trauma (acts of discrimination or hate, domestic/physical/sexual assault or abuse)
- Recent physical assault/abuse, sexual assault/abuse, or domestic violence
- Acts of discrimination, hate, or systemic oppression that are currently impacting functioning
- Concern about the immediate safety of someone else
- Crisis related to basic needs (homelessness, hunger, etc.)
Crisis Services (24/7/365)
- Call 911, or go to your local emergency room, if you are experiencing an emergency situation involving immediate risk of harm to self or others
- Speak with a counselor: (707) 664-2153
- Sonoma County Crisis Line: (707) 576-8181
- Verity, Sonoma County’s Rape Crisis, Trauma and Healing Center: (707) 545-7273
- North Bay Suicide Prevention Hotline of Sonoma County: (855) 587-6373
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: (800) 273-8255 or Text CARE to: 839863
- Crisis Text Line: Text: HOME to: 741741
Additional Crisis Services (24/7/365)
- Personas que hablan español: Llamen a the Lifeline al 888-682-9454.
- For Teens: Call the TEEN LINE at 310-855-4673 or text TEEN to 839863
- For Veterans: Call the Lifeline at 800-273-TALK (8255) and press 1.
- For LGBTQ Youth: Call The Trevor Project at 866-488-7386 or text START to 678678.
- For Transgender and Non-Binary Individuals: Call the Trans Lifeline at 877-565-8860.
- For Individuals who are Deaf/Hard of Hearing: Call the Lifeline at 800-799-4889.
- For Law Enforcement Personnel: Call the COPLINE at 800-267-5463.
- For First Responders: Call the Fire/EMS Helpline at 888-731-FIRE (3473)